Sunday, June 05, 2011

just do it

Start again is what the writer inside me tells me. You are rubbish, you are full of shit. You may have an idea but you cannot write. I am the kind who mocks self help stuff in every possible way, but I have to give in when it comes to writing so what do I do, I ask a friend. I ask her to give me tips. What she says makes a lot of sense (although you wont get to read what she says) and I sit back to write with my cup of camomile tea. Actually I don’t drop it in a cup; I use a beer glass instead. I like having my tea by the pint. So there I am again getting distracted by my own self.

The writer in me is very strict today, he wants me to write and write and write. He tells me if I don’t I will never be able to fulfil my dream. That dream is a big incentive, and yet one more time I won’t tell you what it is, its just that I like to keep some things about my life a little secretive, its fun that way.

So here I start.

We live in the ‘save the planet’ era. It has become the need of the hour. We have to do something for the planet as we are equally responsible for endangering it. This is the most common uptown thought all of us seem to have. I for instance keep looking for small opportunities to save water, electricity or any household resources for that matter. Some people give me that sarcastic smile on the first few occasions but then it seems to have an effect.

There more uptown the person; the more wayward an approach they seem to follow for saving the planet. They don’t stop buying things they don’t need, the simply put them in a 100% pure cotton or jute bag once they buy them. They wear save the planet bands. They run marathons, swim for miles together. For weeks together all you see in the newspaper, blogs, facebook ; yes every possible place is that marathon and how people are gearing up for it. They waste so many resources in preparing for a run to preach an efficient and sensible use of the resources we have left with us on this planet.

At times I seriously feel facebook, google etc should shut down their servers for at least a few mins every day so that people can get time of their virtual internet world and go back to meeting and talking to real people in the real life that we actually live in.

If we really want to do something about this planet we ought to change our life styles. We need to go back in time, yes go back in time, because the more the technology, the more lazy and addict we become. We can barely imagine life without gadgets any more.

Nature is very strong and it will find a way out, it is us – the humans that will perish. We will go extinct and vanish from the beautiful creation.

A lot is happening on this planet, but is that enough- well I don’t think so. Time is running out and we have to act quick, really really quick.

1 comment:

Twilight Fairy said...

welcome back!
Keep writing!